the open source, web-based IDE and debugger for Rails
There are many excellent components in the Rails developer toolchain: Ruby, RubyGems, Rails, Mongrel, Cerberus. But one thing that is missing is a visual debugger. Gyre is an attempt to fill that gap.
When you think of IDEs you probably think: bloated, monolithic, and closed-source. Forget all that. If we’re gonna have a Rails debugger, dammit, we’re gonna do it the Rails Way: simple, fast, cross-platform, web-centric, open source, and written in Ruby.
- Breakpoints, variable inspection, call stack – you know, a debugger.
- Exceptions jump you straight to the file and line, with full variable inspection capability.
- Debug unit tests.
- Runs in a browser, no special extensions or client software.
- Basic source code editor, also running in-browser.
- Customize the layout with CSS.
- Written in Ruby, on Rails – easy to modify for your needs.
- Navigation and other IDE features, tailored to fit the Rails development approach.
- Console with expandable variable inspection.
- Same license as Ruby.
This software is still in an alpha state. It is usable for debugging, console inspection, and basic code editing, but it still lacks a lot of polish. Download it with the understanding that it’s not yet anywhere near a fully mature tool.
Based on internet archive. If you are past domain owner and want this content removed, you can contact us. Thanks.